MYANMAR TOUR TO THE GOLDEN ROCK AND MOULMEIN
Tour Rate: YANGON - GOLDEN ROCK - MOULMEIN - MOYUNGYI WETLANDS - YANGON768 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Yangon – Bago – Kyaikhtiyo
Day 2: Kyaikhtiyo – Hpa An
Day 3: Hpa An – Moulmein
Day 4: Moulmein
Day 5: Moulmein – Yangon
Day 1 – Myanmar Tour To The Golden Rock And Moulmein: Yangon Package Tours – Bago – Kyaikhtiyo Adventure Tours
Depart Yangon this morning for the scenic drive to Bago, the capital of the 6th century Mon kingdom. Your visit in Bago begins at Shwethalyaung Temple which houses a beautiful 55-meter long reclining Buddha. Continue to the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar and whose 114 meter spire is taller than the one at Shwedagon Pagoda. Before departing Bago, visit the well-restored former palace, Kambozathadi, which was the marvel of Asia when it was originally built in the 16th century.
This afternoon, arrive at Kyaikhtiyo base camp. Travel by local, open-air truck along a winding road (45 minutes) where you be dropped off at the junction camp to travel the final distance to Golden Rock on foot. The uphill trek is along a paved trekking path and offers great views of the surrounding area. For an easier alternative, four porters can carry you uphill in a specially-made sedan chair allowing you to enjoy the views without all of the hard work! (extra cost not included) After about one hour of trekking, reach the Golden Rock. A huge boulder covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff, Golden Rock is one of Myanmar’s main pilgrimage sites. The pagoda here is said to hold a hair of the Buddha and Buddhist from across the country come here to pay homage.
(NOTE: depending on your selected accommodation, you may either do the walk this evening or tomorrow morning. Guests staying near the Junction will walk in the morning, whilst those staying on the mountain top will do the walk this evening.) Overnight near Golden Rock.
Day 2 – Myanmar Tour To The Golden Rock And Moulmein: Kyaikhtiyo Adventure Tours to Hpa An (B)
After breakfast, (for those staying near the Junction) embark on the one hour trek to the Golden Rock. For those staying at the mountain top, you may wish to walk the short distance from your hotel to the Rock to see it in the early morning sunlight. Return down to base camp by the same route on foot and by open-air truck. This afternoon, continue by road to Hpa An. Hpa An is a small town surrounded by beautiful limestone rock formations and is the capital of the Karen state. Overnight in Hpa An.
Day 3 – Myanmar Tour To The Golden Rock And Moulmein: Hpa An Adventure Tours to Moulmein (B)
This morning, spend time walking around the small town Hpa An and visit the town’s market. Stop for photos of Zwe Kapin, one of many bizarre limestone formations in the area, before departing for Mawlamyine. Along the way, stops will be made to visit some of the region’s many caves. Arrive this afternoon in the Mon State capital of Mawlamyine, formerly known as Moulmein. Situated near the mouth of the Thanlwin River, this attractive town is surrounded by leafy, tropical areas and has a hilly ridge serving as a backdrop. The town was also the capital of British Burma between 1827 and 1852 and it retains some of the atmosphere of the colonial times. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Moulmein.
Day 4 – Myanmar Tour To The Golden Rock And Moulmein: Moulmein Adventure Tours (B)
Spend today touring the sites of Moulmein. Visit Mahamuni Pagoda, built in traditional Mon-style, and Kyaikthanlan Pagoda, the city’s tallest and most visible stupa. Continue to the beautiful Seindon Mibaya, a wooden monastery over 100 years old. Walk along the town’s Strand Road for a glimpse of the impressive Kaladan Mosque which was built during the colonial era when many Indians came to work for the British in Moulmein. Overnight in Moulmein.
Day 5 – Myanmar Tour To The Golden Rock And Moulmein: Moulmein Adventure Tours – Yangon (B)
After breakfast, depart Moulmein and for the drive to Yangon. Arrive in the city late this afternoon.
4 nights accommodation on half twin room basis with daily breakfast
English-speaking guide throughout the trip
All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers except Kyaikhtiyo (transfers by open non-air conditioned vehicles)
Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
Meals as mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)[/include]
International ticket to/from Yangon
Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Visa arrangements for Myanmar Fuel Surcharge for domestic flights
Visits not mentioned in the program
Drinks and personal expenses
Tips and porters at the hotels
International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
Any other items not mentioned.[/exclude]
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
1. Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
2. Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
3. A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
4. Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
5. Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival Visa is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay). The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
6. For more detail information, please contact email@example.com The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 218 reviews.