MYANMAR TOUR OF HIGHLIGHTS
Tour Route: YANGON - BAGAN - HEHO - INLE LAKE - YANGON1564 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
* Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights – BRIEF ITINERARY:
Day 1 – Arrival – Yangon Sightseeing tours
Day 2 – Yangon Package Tours – Bagan Sightseeing Tours ( B/-/- )
Day 3 – Bagan Package Tours – He Hoe – Inle Lake Sightseeing Tours ( B/-/- )
Day 4 – Inle Lake Package Tours – He Hoe – Yangon Travel Packages( B/-/- )
Day 5 – Depart Yangon ( B/-/- )
Day 1 – Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights : Arrival – Yangon Sightseeing tours
Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our tour Guide who will accompany you as you transfer to the hotel. Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon, is a relatively quiet and charming city. Its impressive colonial and spiritual heritage makes it one of the most fascinating cities in Southeast Asia.
This afternoon, your journey begins with a visit around the city and its highlights.
Stop at the National Museum where a tour of the priceless ancient artifacts, works of art and historic memorabilia will help you gain insight in to the country’s history. Of particular note are the three halls on the ground floor, which hold exhibits on the evolution the Myanmar alphabet, the Lion Throne Room, and artifacts from the Yatanabon Period. Continue to Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda, which houses a 70-meter reclining Buddha.
Late this afternoon, visit Shwedagon Pagoda, the most revered Buddhist temple in Myanmar. The central stupa is 90 meters tall and gilded with gold leaf. As the sun begins to set enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pagoda and surrounding skyline before transferring back to your hotel.
Overnight in Yangon.
Optional Visit: The Thiripyitsaya Sky Bistro is perched on the 20th floor of Sakura Tower, overlooking panoramic views of metropolis. From here, one can get the scenic view of Yangon River and the environs. It is fascinating place to visit; one can share the freshness of unforgettable days in Myanmar with their family and friends at home.
Price: 8 US Dollars per person
Day 2 – Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights : Myanmar Tour Of Highlights: Yangon Package Tours – Bagan Sightseeing Tours ( B/-/- )
After an early breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Yangon’s Mingaladon Airport for the flight to Bagan (Nyaung Oo).
From the 11th to 13th centuries, when Bagan was the capital of Myanmar, the rulers constructed thousands of huge stupas and temples many of which are still standing today on the banks of the Irrawaddy River.
On arrival, your journey begins with a visit to Tayokye Pyay, an elevated temple from where you will have a panoramic view of the magnificent plains of Bagan. Continue to the colorful Nyaung Oo Market where every day the locals come to buy and sell fresh produce and other goods before visiting the golden stupa of Shwezigon Pagoda for an introduction in to Bagan’s rich history. Then, visit to nearby Wetkyi-In Gubyaukgyi, a cave temple with exquisite jataka mural paintings and the elegant Htilominlo Temple noted for its fine plaster carvings and glazed sandstone decorations.
This afternoon begin with a visit to a traditional lacquer ware workshop where you can observe the production of one of Myanmar’s best-known handicrafts. Continue to Ananda Temple, an architectural masterpiece and one of Bagan’s most beautiful temples. Built in the early Mon-style, Ananda contains two unique Buddha images whose expressions seem to change depending on the distance from which the statue is viewed.
From here, travel by horse cart for a tour passing Thatbyinnyu, the highest temple in Bagan, massive Dhammayangyi Temple, noted for its remarkable brickwork, and Sulamani Temple. Enjoy an unforgettable sunset over the plains from the upper terrace of one of the temples.
Overnight in Bagan.
Day 3 – Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights : Myanmar Tour Of Highlights: Bagan Package Tours – Heho – Inle Lake Sightseeing Tours ( B/-/- )
After breakfast, transfer to Nyaung Oo Airport for a flight to Heho. From Heho, a scenic one-hour drive leads to Nyaung Shwe, the gateway village to Inle Lake. Along the way, stop at the wooden Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery which features beautiful carvings and a collection of Buddha images.
Upon reaching the edges of Inle Lake, board a private motorboat to head out to Inle Lake, one of Myanmar’s most spectacular sights. Pass villages built on stilts over the lake, inhabited by the local Intha people. Observe the leg-rowing fishermen and see their floating gardens built up from strips of water hyacinth and mud and anchored to the bottom with bamboo poles.
Visit Nga Hpe Chaung Monastery, which houses dozens of Shan Buddha Images, but is more famous for its unique ‘jumping cats’ who jump through hoops in the air! Continue to Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the lake’s main sanctuary, which contains five sacred Buddha images covered in gold leaf. Explore the local crafts of Inle Lake with a stop at the weaving village of Inpawkhone and a cheroot factory, where the typical Burmese cigars are made by hand. If time permits, there may be time to enjoy a short walk through one of the lakeside villages.
Overnight on Inle Lake.
Day 4 – Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights : Myanmar Tour Of Highlights: Inle Lake Package Tours – Heho – Yangon Travel Packages( B/-/- )
After breakfast, visit the lake’s morning market.
The market rotates its location around the lake’s villages in a 5 day rhythm and is visited by lake inhabitants and surrounding hill tribes who come to sell and trade their wares. (Note: market is daily except on dark moon day and full moon day). This afternoon, transfer to Heho Airport for the flight to Yangon. On arrival, transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Yangon.
Day 5 – Myanmar Tours of Highlights, Myanmar Sightseeing Trips for Highlights : Myanmar Tour Of Highlights: Depart Yangon ( B/-/- )
Depending on flight time, there is an option to take a ride on Yangon’s Circle Train in the morning. After breakfast, you will transfer to Yangon Railways station to take local circular train for a journey to the outskirts of town (45 minutes ride).
The slowly traveling train gives you a unique opportunity to observe the lively and colorful life of the rural Burmese people. Disembark to visit Insein market where a variety of street vendors sell colorful wares. Enjoy exploring the market and meeting the friendly locals before returning by road to Yangon.
This afternoon, visit Bogyoke Market, formerly known as Scott’s Market, where you can browse through the wide selection of Myanmar handicrafts and other goods before transferring to Yangon International Airport for your onward flight. (Note: Market is closed on Mondays and public holidays)
- 4 nights accommodation on half-twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide throughout the trip (from Yangon to Yangon) except for 1 pax (station guides – different guide at each place)
- Porter fees at the airport
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
- Horse cart tour in Bagan
- Private motorized boat in Inle Lake excursions
- Circle Train Ride in Yangon
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals not mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Any other items not mentioned
- International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
- A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc
- Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights
- Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival Visa is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay). The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date. For more detail information, please contact ……..
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
VIEW ROUTE MAP
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 209 reviews.