FULL DAY INLE LAKE TOUR TO KAKKU
Tour Route: KAKKU - INLE LAKE - TAUNGGYI704 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Full Day Inle Lake Tour To Kakku
Your adventure begins in the morning after breakfast, when your guide, local Pa-Oh assistant and driver will greet you at your hotel. Set off from the low-lying lands at Inle Lake toward Taunggyi, then head into the rolling hills toward the east of the lake.
The drive is spectacular, crossing over the railway line and through small villages inhabited to the Pa-Oh people. This area was closed to visitors for many years and even now only a few intrepid tourists make their way through here.
After two hours you’ll arrive at Kakku. The first view of Kakku is breathtaking: there are more than 5200 individual stupas, some of which are 20 metres high, and several Buddha images scattered throughout. There are no clear facts about the history of the stupas but most date back to the 11th-13th century, the same period when Bagan was thriving. Wander throughout the temples, taking your time to enjoy the wonder and awe of this site and discover the intricate carvings and details on the structures.
In addition to visiting the temples, your knowledgeable Pa-Oh guide will introduce you to the customs and lives of the people as you stop to visit nearby villages. Afterwards we will have lunch at a local restaurant near Kakku train station and then resume our drive back to Inle Lake.
- English-speaking guide
- Private vehicle for drive Nyaung Shwe – Kakku – Nyaung Shwe
- Local Pa Oh guide (compulsory)
- 1 lunch at a local restaurant
- Entrance fees for the visits Kakku: Zone fees
- Water and refreshing towel
- Inle Lake Zone Fee
- Meals other than mentioned
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Any other items not mentioned
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 243 reviews.