BAGAN DAY TRIP TO MOUNT POPA AND SALAY
Tour Route: BAGAN920 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Bagan Day Trip to Mount Popa & Salay
This full day trip takes you from Bagan to Mount Popa and on to Salay. This morning, head southeast 48 km to Mount Popa, an extinct volcano with a height of 1518 m. Mount Popa has played an important role in Myanmar culture, religion and history since earliest times.
Its shrine is dedicated to the worship of the 37 Nats, the Burmese ancient animist spirits. Learn about nats and nat worship as you climb the stairs to the top with your local guide. The view over the Myingyan Plain from the top of the volcanic peak is impressive (and the climb is optional!).
Lunch at the restaurant of Mt Popa Resort. Continue in direction of Salay, known today as an important center of Buddhism with many active monasteries. Throughout its past, Salay created its own unique style of Bagan-era architecture and you can see one of the nicest and oldest wooden monastery halls at Yok Sone Kyaung monastery.
Transfer back to Bagan in the afternoon.
- English-speaking guide
- Transfers and excursion with private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- 1 lunch at Popa Mountain Resort
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Meals other than mentioned
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Any other items not mentioned
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 232 reviews.