YANGON VENTURING PACKAGE TOUR TO KENGTUNG
Tour Route: YANGON - KENGTUNG - YANGON614 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Yangon – Kengtung
Day 2: Kengtung
Day 3: Kengtung
Day 4: Kengtung – Yangon
Day 1 – Yangon Venturing Package Tour To Kengtung: Yangon – Kengtung Adventure Tours (-,L,D)
Breakfast at hotel. Then you will be transferred to the airport and fly Yangon-Kengtung.
Upon arrival Kengtung., you will be transferred into town for sightseeing. A short drive through Kengtung takes you to Lake Tong, the center of the city. The terrace at the boulevard around the lake is a good place to soak up the atmosphere of Kyaing Tong.
Kengtung is the largest town in eastern Shan State; a former British administrative outpost, it was once known as the capital of the Golden Triangle and today is one of the remotest parts of Burma that tourists are permitted to visit. Located in the far southeastern corner of sprawling Shan State; China lies a short drive to the north, the Mekong and Lao border just to the east and Thailand a three hour drive to the south.
Overnight at Princess Hotel, Kengtung . (Superior)
Day 2 – Yangon Venturing Package Tour To Kengtung: Kengtung Adventure Trekking Tours (B,L,D)
Breakfast at hotel. A full day in the countryside. Start with the visit to the Kat Tauk area and visit an Akha Village. The Akha originate from Yunnan in Southern China and live in south east shan state. Many Akha are found near Kengtung where they live in the high mountain cultivating maize, tobacco and sugar cane.
Pass through the Ann village, the Ann people live their life in relative isolation in quite simple circumstances. Most wear their traditional black costume and paint their teeth black. Continue to another Akha Village, where every housewife stay wears traditional clothing.
From here it is possible to descent steep path to Pin Tauk waterfall or enjoys the leisurely walk down the hill. Return down hill and drive to the Pin Tauk Lahu village. Continue to visit Wan Pauk Palaung Village, the Palaung originate from Mon- Khamer stock. They mainly live in the mountains of northern Shan state and are famous for cultivating tea.
Day 3 – Yangon Venturing Package Tour To Kengtung: Kengtung Adventure Trekking Tours (B,L,D)
Breakfast at the hotel. An active day in the hills, then drive high into the hill to the top of Hokyin mountain. On this mountain are four Akha Villages. Between every villages in a valley and the path leads down and up the hill. Also see the production of Akha spirit made from corn.
Return in the direction of Kyaing Tong and visit a Wa village, where you can still see handmade guns. Return to Kengtung and visit U Mulein Da’s unique Shan lacquer ware shop. This lacquer ware is distinctively different from Bagan lacquer ware. Drive to the top of Lone Tree Hill for views over surrounding countryside and Kyaing Tong. Return to Hotel.
Overnight at Princess Hotel, Kengtung Tong. (Superior)
Day 4 – Yangon Venturing Package Tour To Kengtung: Kengtung Adventure Tours – Yangon (B,L)
A Visit to the Kengtung market– a fascinating place to soak up some local atmosphere. Many minority people come into town to shop and most wear traditional dress. Other stops can be made at Wat In A Khun Style temple and the more Myanmar style Maha-Myat Muni temple. Also visit a pottery village and the blacksmith shop.
Return at hotel and check out. Transfer from hotel to airport.
***End of Service***
- 3 nights accommodation on half-twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- Porter fees at the airport
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals not mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
- A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
- Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights. is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay).
- The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
- For more detail information, please contact email@example.com The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 158 reviews.