YANGON TOUR TO THE LOST CITY OF MRAUK U
Tour Route: YANGON - SITTWE - MRAUK U556 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Yangon – Sittwe
Day 2: Sittwe – Mrauk U
Day 3: Mrauk U
Day 4: Mrauk U – Sittwe – Yangon
Day 1 – Yangon Tour To The Lost City Of Mrauk U: Yangon Package Tours – Sittwe (L,D)
Transfer to the airport in Yangon for your flight to Sittwe, capital of the Rakhine State. Lunch at local restaurant Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel before taking a leisurely sightseeing tour of the city. Visit the colorful fish market and the Rakhine State Cultural Museum, an extensive collection of displays and exhibitions explaining the culture and history of the Rakhine people.
Yangon, the commercial capital, is the main gateway to Myanmar. Evergreen and cool with lush tropical trees, shady parks and beautiful lakes, Yangon has earned the name of “The Garden City of the East”. Yangon was founded by King Alaungpaya on the site of a small settlement called Dagon when he conquered Lower Myanmar in 1755.
Overnight in Sittwe.
Day 2 – Yangon Tour To The Lost City Of Mrauk U: Sittwe Package Tours – Mrauk U Sightseeing Tours (B,L,D)
After breakfast at the hotel, you will visit local market before transfer to the jetty at 8:00 for a boat trip to Mrauk U. The journey takes about 5-6 hours as you travel upstream on the Kaladan River on a chartered local boat. Lunch on board Mid-day arrive in Mrauk U.
Mrauk U was the capital in the 15th century and at its peak it was one of the richest cities in all of Asia. This period was one of prolific building and is, today, a major archeological site. This afternoon, your visit includes Koethaung Temple, the Pitakataik Library, Laungbanpyauk Pagoda, Yadana Mannaung and Sakaya Mannaung Pagodas. Tonight dinner will be taken at a local restaurant.
Overnight in Mrauk U.
Day 3 – Yangon Tour To The Lost City Of Mrauk U: Mrauk U Adventure Package Tours (B,L,D)
Awake early and depart hotel around 06:00 to enjoy the sunrise over the misty hills of Mrauk U. Return to your hotel for breakfast and then continue sightseeing in Mrauk U. Begin with a visit to the local market and continue to the ruins of the Royal Palace.
Then tour the town’s Archaeological Museum where old artifacts and ancient relics are displayed. Lunch at local restaurant After lunch, visit Shitthaung Temple, Mrauk U’s most important monument. Built in 1535 with a labor force of more than 1,000 architects and workmen, Shitthaung Temple contains a remarkable collection of Arakanese Buddha images and reliefs.
Continue to the multi-spire Andawthein Ordination Hall, which is filled with unique stone carvings. Then visit the circular Ratanabon Pagoda and the fortress-like temple of Dukkhanthein, whose vaulted passages contain interesting stone sculptures. Your last stop of today is at Laymyetnha. Built in 1430, Laymyethnha was the first pagoda erected in Mrauk U.
Dinner and overnight in Mrauk U.
Day 4 – Yangon Tour To The Lost City Of Mrauk U: Mrauk U Adventure Tours to Sittwe – Yangon (B,L)
After an early breakfast, board a local ferry speedboat (5-6 hours) at around 06:00 (or by chartered local boat) to travel from Mrauk U to Sittwe. Along the way, you will have an opportunity to enjoy the riverine lifestyle of local people in Rakhine State. Upon arrival in Sittwe, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before transferring to Sittwe Airport for your flight to Yangon.
*** End of services ***
- 3 nights accommodation on twin or double room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking throughout guide
- All transfers with private air-conditioned vehicles with driver
- 2 domestic Flights RGN-AKY-RGN on Air Mandalay, Yangon Airways or Air Bagan including insurance surcharge & current fuel surcharge
- Meals mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Local boat Sittwe-Mrauk U-Sittwe
- Porter fees at the Airport & Jetty
- Service charges
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Meals others than mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Entrance fees for visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- International airport departure tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
- Any other items not mentioned
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
- A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
- Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
- Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar. Passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 213 reviews.