SPECIAL YANGON TRIP TO THE GOLDEN ROCK
Tour Route: YANGON - KYAIKHTIYO - GOLDEN ROCK490 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1 – Special Yangon Trip To The Golden Rock: Yangon Package Tours – Kyaikhtiyo – Golden Rock Sightseeing Tours (B)
Depart Yangon early this morning for a journey by road to Kyaikhtiyo and the Golden Rock. Late morning, arrive at Kyaikhtiyo base camp (approximately 5 hrs). Travel by local, open-air truck along a winding road (45 minutes) where you be dropped off at the junction camp to travel the final distance to Golden Rock on foot.
The uphill trek is along a paved trekking path and offers great views of the surrounding area. For an easier alternative, four porters can carry you uphill in a specially-made sedan chair allowing you to enjoy the views without all of the hard work! (extra cost not included)
After about one hour of trekking, reach the Golden Rock. A huge boulder covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff, Golden Rock is one of Myanmar’s main pilgrimage sites. The pagoda here is said to hold a hair of the Buddha and Buddhist from across the country come here to pay homage.
Overnight near Golden Rock.
Day 2 – Special Yangon Trip To The Golden Rock: Kyaikhtiyo – Bago – Yangon Package Tours (B)
After breakfast, return to the basecamp by open-air truck and begin the return journey to Yangon. En route, stop in Bago, the capital of the 6th century Mon kingdom. Your visit in Bago begins at Shwethalyaung Temple which houses a beautiful 55-meter long reclining Buddha.
Continue to the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar and whose 114 meter spire is taller than the one at Shwedagon Pagoda. Before departing Bago, visit the well-restored former palace, Kambozathadi, which was the marvel of Asia when it was originally built in the 16th century. On the way back to Yangon, stop at the Allied War Cemetery near Htaukkyan. This beautiful, peaceful cemetery is the final resting place for over 27,000 Allied soldiers.
- 1 night accommodation on half twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers except Kyaikhtiyo (transfers by open non-air-conditioned vehicles)
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Fuel Surcharge for domestic flights
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
- Any other items not mentioned
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
- A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
- Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights. is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay).
- The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
- For more detail information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 217 reviews.