MYANMAR NORTHERN ADVENTURE TOUR TO SHAN STATE
Tour Route: MANDALAY - PYIN OO LWIN - HSIPAW883 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Mandalay – Pyin Oo Lwin
Day 2: Pyin Oo Lwin – Hsipaw
Day 3: Hsipaw
Day 4: Hsipaw – Mandalay
Day 1 – Myanmar Northern Adventure Tour To Shan State: Mandalay Package Tours – Pyin Oo Lwin Sightseeing Tours
This morning, leave Mandalay for a scenic two-hour drive to the former British hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin (also known as Maymyo) located on a plateau 1,000m above sea level. Many reminders of the colonial era are still present in Pyin Oo Lwin, including brick and timber houses.
Pyin Oo Lwin is home for many ethnic tribes as well as a considerable numbers of Nepalese and Hindu who migrated during the British occupation, famous for its climate weather. Enjoy a traditional horse cart and carriage ride through town.
Stop at the Botanical Gardens, 432 acres of leafy gardens home to a diverse mix of botanical species from around the world. The Gardens were established by Sir Harcourt Butler, former Governor of Burma. Continue to the local market to see the multicolor flowers and vegetables on sale.
Overnight in Pyin Oo Lwin.
Day 2 – Myanmar Northern Adventure Tour To Shan State: Pyin Oo Lwin – Hsipaw (B,L)
After breakfast at hotel, transfer to the railway station for a 6-hour train journey to Hsipaw. The scenic journey crosses the famous Gokteik Viaduct which spans a 300-meter deep gorge in the Shan mountains. Lunch-box on board. Arrive this afternoon in Hsipaw, a pleasant small town on the banks of the Dokhtawady River. Take a short evening walk around Hsipaw.
Overnight in Hsipaw.
Day 3 – Myanmar Northern Adventure Tour To Shan State: Hsipaw (B,L)
Breakfast at a local restaurant. This morning, take a light trek around Hsipaw with a local guide. You will pass paddy fields, seasonal cultivations, green mountains and stop in several villages along the way. Enjoy a picnic lunch during the trek. This afternoon, return to Hsipaw by local boat on the Dokhtawady River.
Overnight in Hsipaw.
Day 4 – Myanmar Northern Adventure Tour To Shan State: Hsipaw – Mandalay (B)
After breakfast, stroll around the Hsipaw market and visit the Shan Haw. This palace is one of the last remaining examples of a traditional Shan Palace and now serves as a small museum. Depart Hsipaw early this afternoon for the six-hour drive to Mandalay, via Pyin Oo Lwin
- 3 nights accommodation on half-twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide from Mandalay
- Meals as mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
- Train Pyin Oo Lwin – Hsipaw
- Local guide in Hsipaw on trekking day
- Horse cart tour in Pyin Oo Lwin
- Local boat on the Dokhtawady River
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Any other items not mentioned
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better.
- A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc.
- Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
- Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay). The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date. For more detail information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 224 reviews.