MANDALAY DISCOVERY TOUR AT MONYWA AND PO WIN TAUNG
Tour Route: Mandalay - Monywa - Po Win Taung642 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1 – Mandalay Discovery Tour At Monywa And Po Win Taung: Mandalay Adventure Tours – Monywa Sightseeing Tours (B)
This morning, depart Mandalay for a 3-hour drive to Monywa, a typical Burmese town on the banks of the Chindwin River. On the way, visit Thanboddhay Pagoda, a huge Buddhist temple covered with more than 500,000 Buddha images. Also stop at Boditahtaung Pagoda which houses the largest reclining Buddha image in Myanmar, at 100m long and 27m high.
This afternoon, explore some of the outlaying sights of Monywa. Visit the Kyaukka lacquer ware village and Shweguni Pagoda, one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Upper Myanmar.
Overnight in Monywa.
Day 2 – Mandalay Discovery Tour At Monywa And Po Win Taung: Monywa Adventure Tours to Po Win Taung – Mandalay (B)
After breakfast, cross the Chindwin River by ferry and proceed to Po Win Taung by local open-air jeeps. This extraordinary complex consists of 947 sandstone caves dug out of the hills and contains what is considered by archaeologists to be the richest collection of mural paintings and Buddhist statues in Southeast Asia.
After visiting Po Win Taung, continue a few hundred meters away to Shwe Ba Taung. Spend time exploring this interesting site where monasteries and temples are carved out rocky narrow cliffs. Return to Mandalay this afternoon.
- 1 night accommodation on half twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Ferry Fee & Local open air Jeep from Monywa to Po Win Taung
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals other than mentioned (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar Fuel Surcharge for domestic flights
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
- Any other items not mentioned
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better. A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc. Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights.
- Visas are required by all visitors to Myanmar. A visa must be obtained before entering Myanmar or On Arrival Visa is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay). The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
- For more detail information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 223 reviews.