ADVENTURE TREKKING TOUR IN KENGTUNG
Tour Route: KENGTUNG704 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Kengtung – Arrival
Day 2: Kengtung
Day 3: Kengtung
Day 4: Kengtung – Departure
Day 1 – Adventure Trekking Tour In Kengtung: Kengtung Package Tours – Arrival (L,D)
Upon arrival at Kengtung, transfer to your hotel. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before embarking on an orientation tour of the city. Kengtung is in a lush valley and most of the city’s buildings reflect the traditional architectural styles of the Shan people, such as wooden houses with balconies.
Explore the city streets, nearby Hot Springs, and the Maha Myat Muni pagoda. This evening, dine at a local restaurant.
Overnight in Kengtung.
Day 2 – Adventure Trekking Tour In Kengtung: Kengtung Trekking Tours (B,L,D)
After breakfast visit Kengtung’s local market. This daily market is visited by villagers from the surrounding area who come to sell their products and barter for goods. Visiting the market, you will see minority hilltribes in their traditional dresses.
Then, depart by road to Pin Tauk village, the starting point of today’s trek. Set off on foot, trekking 45 minutes to 1 hour to the Akha minority village of Hwe Lon. Spend some time in the village and interacting with the locals to discover more about their unique customs and daily lifestyle.
After a picnic lunch, resume trekking to an Ann Village perched on the slopes of a hill (approximately 30 minutes). The Ann minority is known for their traditional black dress and blackened teeth. After walking around the village, stop at Lone Tree Hill for panoramic views of the city and continue on to Kengtung. Dinner at local restaurant.
Overnight in Kengtung.
Day 3 – Adventure Trekking Tour In Kengtung: Kengtung Trekking Tours (B,L,D)
After breakfast, drive in the direction of Tachileik, along the Thai border. After 45 minutes, switch vehicles and continue the drive in the back of a local pick-up truck (approximately 30 minutes) Drive up the hills to visit four neighboring Akha villages where you will learn more about their unique culture and traditions.
Some of these villages practice an interesting blend of three religions: Buddhism, Christianity, and animism (spirit worship) Picnic lunch en-route. This afternoon, continue to the Mong Kwan region. Visit a village of the Loi minority, as well as having the chance to discover the traditions of the Li Shaw and Khun communities. Return to Kengtung in the late afternoon. Dinner at local restaurant.
Overnight in Kengtung.
Day 4: Adventure Trekking Tour In Kengtung: Kengtung – Departure (B,L)
After breakfast at the hotel, this morning is at your leisure to explore Kengtung. If time allows, visit a traditional Shan lacquer ware workshop and the water buffalo market which is held twice a week in Kengtung. Enjoy lunch at a local airport before transferring to the Kengtung airport for your onward flight.
*** End of services ***
Note: Package based on service of 1 English speaking guide throughout trip, except for base 1 pax (different guide at each place).
Surcharges may apply for holiday periods such as Inle Lake Festival, Christmas, New Year, Water Festival, etc. During these times, prices will be upon request.
- 3 nights accommodation on half-twin room basis with daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide
- Porter fees at the airport
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals not mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels
- Any other items not mentioned
- International departure Airport Tax Yangon (USD 10/pax at present)
Remark: The above mentioned supplement for language guide apply starting from 2pax traveling. For 1 pax, TBA on adhoc basis.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MYANMAR:
- Please note that credit cards and traveler cheques are not accepted in Myanmar and that visitors must be bring sufficient cash (best in US Dollars, but Euros also increasingly accepted) to change and make any purchases and payments. Please bring new US Dollar bills (“big heads” instead of “small heads”) and with series numbers not starting with CB as these are not accepted in Myanmar due to rumours these series are counterfeit.
- Furthermore please inform passengers that they should NOT change money at the exchange booth at the airport just after immigration, as the market rate in town is MUCH better. A surcharge might apply for peak season dates (Water Festival 12-18 April, X’Mas, New Year, etc. Travelers to Myanmar are required to have a travel insurance covering the cost of medical evacuation flights. is available at all international airports (Yangon & Mandalay).
- The visa application form is also available at all international airline linked with Myanmar or on-line. To apply on arrival visa, one must have 2 passport photo (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months and passport must be valid 6 months after arrival date.
- For more detail information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only.Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 222 reviews.