LAOS TOUR OF HIGHLIGHTS
Tour Route: VIENTIANE - XIENGKUANG - PLAIN OF JARS - LUANG PRABANG - PAK OU CAVES659 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Day 1: Arrival – Vientiane Sightseeing Tour
Day 2: Vientiane to Xieng Khuang – Plain of Jars
Day 3: Xieng Khuang – Luang Prabang
Day 4: Luang Prabang to Pak Ou Caves
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Departure
Day 1 – Laos Tour Of Highlights: Arrival – Vientiane Package Tours (-/-/-)
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Time permitting; Your half day city tour enables us to see the major temples of Vientiane including the oldest, Wat Sisaket, a temple of thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image.
We also visit Lao national icon, That Luang Stupa, and we stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 2 – Laos Tour Of Highlights: Vientiane Travel Packages to Xiengkuang & Plain of Jars (B/-/-)
You will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Xiengkhuang. Upon arrival, we transfer out to visit Site 1 of the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are littered all over the plateau. You will then be transferred to your hotel for the night.
Overnight in Xiengkuang.
Day 3 – Laos Tour Of Highlights: Xiengkhuang Adventure Tours to Luang Prabang Travel Packages (B/-/-)
Early morning, we visit the Central Market of Phonsavanh to watch the different hilltribe people barter and exchange merchandises. We then head out towards Luang Prabang. Enroute we stop off to see the Buddha images at Thampra, a site more than 200 years old, and various Hmong and hilltribe minority villages along the way. After numerous photo stops, we continue driving, enjoying the splendid natural scenery of the mountains, the forest and landscape. The journey will take us over mountainous regions until we approach Luang Prabang.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 4 – Laos Tour Of Highlights: Luang Prabang Package Tours – Pak Ou Caves – Half Day City Tour
Today, we embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside, before reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine.
On return, we disembark the boat to visit traditional villages, and continue taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving.
In the afternoon your half day city tour begins with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts.
We then head to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We also have time to visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai.
Day 5 – Laos Tour Of Highlights: Luang Prabang Package Tours – Departure
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight.
- Transportation in private
- Accommodation in twin shared room
- Domestic airticket as stated only
- Boat trip as stated in above sights
- English speaking guide
- Admission fee to indicated sights
- Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
- Gov’t tax and service charge
- Luggage handling and drinking water
- Visa stamping fee on arrival
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Lunch or dinner unless where stated
- Single room (quoted separately)
- Other foreign language guide
- Peak tourist season or special event rates
- Child or adult in triple sharing room
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on the confirmed flights, road conditions, and room availability.
- Hotels listed in above might not be upto standard of your expectation, especially in the remote area where limitation of accommodation.
- Prices are subject to change in case of VAT or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 242 reviews.