FULL DAY LUANG PRABANG TOUR OF ELEPHANT RIDING & KAYAKING
Tour Route: LUANG PRABANG - NAM KHAN VALLEY - ELEPHANT VILLAGE527 Views
|Departure:||Any day you want|
|Tour Type:||Private tour guide + Local Tour Guide + English Language|
| Enquire NowReply within
Our Advantages & Promise
- Zero shopping stops.
- Flexible time schedule to suit your pace.
- Selected and trained guides.
- Meals are in quality local restaurants.
- Western style service standard
Full Day Luang Prabang Tour Of Elephant Riding & Kayaking: Elephant & Kayaking combination trip – Elephant Village of Luang Prabang
Short description: A day trip around Luang Prabang especially for the ones who want to see the Lao countryside from a different point of view, from the back of an Asian elephant and from top of a kayak. The Elephant Village visit with an exciting elephant ride and the visit of the Tad Sae Waterfall are the big highlights of the day as well as the refreshing rapids.
You will paddle on the Nam Khan. The trip is made for beginners and is a great activity combination with animals and soft water sport elements. After we pick you up from your hotel (8:15-8:30 AM) you will proceed to the Nam Khan valley about 15 km out of town. The rugged mountains in front of you and the green lunch countryside is the setting for the Elephant Village. Here we find time to relax and the right place for great activities.
After crossing the small river by boat you will be introduced to our protected Asian elephants in the project area and go out for a scenic ride. Enjoy the new perspective and the wonderful nature on this 1 hr. ride through the Nam Khan River and forest. Afterwards a boat will take you to the amazing cascades and pools of the Tad Sae waterfalls. (waterfall dried out between February & August.) Hang out at the lunch break and enjoy either the refreshing cascades or our mountainous view terrace for your lunch.
After a short instruction you will experience the life along the Nam Khan river. It will be a soft 4 hr. kayaking back into town with a few small rapids (depending on season). Even for inexperienced paddlers, this is an option to get into it. Village stops along the way are included as well as a pick up service at the arrival point in Luang Prabang.
- PRIVATE pick up from hotel / guest house 8:15 a.m.
- Transfer to Elephant Village and the Elephant Camp 45 min.
- Briefing, information and guiding in English
- Elephant riding about 1 hr.
- Kayaking and gear rental (paddle, helmet, life jacket)
- Set lunch in Elephant Village Restaurant, or lunch package depending on time
- Drinking water and fruits
- Waterfall park entry fees
- All permissions and taxes
- Elephant Park Project contribution fee
- Motor-boat charge
Rating: 9 out of 10 based on 233 reviews.