Ethnic groups : Viet (Kinh), Ra Glai, Hoa, Co Ho...
Capital : Nha Trang City
Town: Cam Ranh
Districts: Van Ninh, Ninh Hoa, Dien Khanh, Khanh Vinh, Khanh Son, Truong Sa, Cam Lam.
Khanh Hoa Province is a coastal province of South Central Vietnam. To the north, it borders on Phu Yen Province, to the west, on Dak Lak and Lam Dong provinces, and to the south, on Ninh Thuan Province. The Khanh Hoa coast is 200km long, with more than 200 islands offshore, of which Truong Sa District gathers over one hundred islands around. The two largest rivers flowing through the province are the Cai and Danh rivers. Khanh Hoa represents one of the deepest seas in Vietnam, adjoining open oceans and international marine routes. With ragged seashore spreading out around 200km long, it contains various well-known bays, such as Cam Ranh, Van Phong and Nha Trang. Cam Ranh Bay is considered as one of three harbors that have the best natural conditions over the world. Having the area of over 60 square kilometers and the 18-20m average depth, this bay is out of the wind as a result of being surrounded by many mountain ranges. Van Phong Bay has a wonderful nature, temperate climate, idyllic beach with mostly fine sand, surrounded by hills, mountains and tropical forests, colorful coral reefs, several vestige of salt-watered forest, specific and valuable sea creatures, which is endowed with an ideal environment. These are great potentials for the development of ecological tourism in Van Phong.
Khanh Hoa has a tropical monsoon climate with an average temperature of 26.5ºC. The rain season lasts 4 months (from September to December). But for the region around Nha Trang City, the rainy season lasts only 2 months, thus providing very favorable conditions to develop a long-lasted tourism season and organize year-round tourist activities. Particularly, on the Hon Ba Mountain (30km from Nha Trang), the climate likes in Da Lat and Sapa.
Khanh Hoa has been deeply marked by the strong ancient culture of the Cham. Until today, Champa Kingdom has left an invaluable inheritance of ruins and historical sites to visit. Khanh Hoa is endowed with beautiful natural sites and sand beaches. Visitors will enjoy the group of five or six islands situated close to each other. The largest of the islands is Hon Tre, which is located 3km from Nha Trang. The city of Nha Trang has long been renowned for being a sea resort with plenty of historical vestiges and wonderful sceneries: Cham Po Nagar Towers, Long Son Pagoda, Ba Vu Mausoleum, Bao Dai Palace, Hon Chong, Hon Yen, Tri Nguyen Fish Pond, Bai Tru, Suoi Tien, Dai Lanh Beach... and many islets offshore. Nha Trang Bay has been recognized as one of 29 most beautiful bays in the word since 7/2003.The population mainly constitutes Kinh people, as well as a small percentage of Ra Glai, Tay, Nung, Muong, and Cham.
Thap Ba - Po Nagar Festival
Time: 20th to the 23rd day of the third lunar month.
Location: Vinh Phuoc Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province.
Objects of worship: The Goddess of the Region (the Cham).
Activities: Rites: washing statue and clothes changing, offering dance to Goddess, ghe racing, boi singing at night.
The Po Nagar Festival is biggest religious festival in the region, is held at Po Nagar Tower which located on the hill near the mouth of Cai River, north of Nha Trang City. The festival is organize to commemorate the Mother of the Region who according to Cham legends, created the homeland, maintained race, discoved rice tree, taught people how to cultivate. The Goddess of the Cham had become the Goddess of the Vietnamese inhabitants .The festival involves the singing and dancing to welcome people, stage performance and many fun games take Location joyfully in the front of the main temple.
Various forms of convenient transports are available.
- Road: The National Highway 1A and the railway from north to south run through Khanh Hoa Province, linking it with the other provinces in the North and South. The National Highway 26 links Khanh Hoa to some provinces in the Central Highland. Nha Trang is 105km from Phan Rang, 190km from Buon Ma Thuot, 205km from Da Lat, 238km from Quy Nhon, 441km from Ho Chi Minh City, and 1,278km from Hanoi.
- Airlines: Nha Trang Airport is 5km from the center of the city. Vietnam Airlines offers daily connections with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and four connections a week with Da Nang. Cam Ranh Airport is 35km south of Nha Trang has flights from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang to there.
- Train: Regular connections between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City all stop in Nha Trang, daily train between Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang.
- Bus: There are connections with Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Vinh, Pleiku... Minibus for Hoi An, Hue, and Da Lat...
- Water: Cam Ranh and Nha Trang ports connect Khanh Hoa with many regions in Vietnam as well as with abroad.